Regulations and Guidelines
The 7th Competition- 2017 is held as part of the 7th International Festival of modern art “ PERVORYBA” (Pristine (“First”) Fish).
Theme of the competition
The competition “My First Fish” is devoted to the first acquaintance of a participant with the environment, nature and fish as its species through a fairy tales, book illustrations, through a TV screen, through aquarium glass or in the natural surroundings. It is about his or her exposure to the world of fish, its habitat, water space, and his or her first impressions about it. It is possible to dream up a picture of the fictitious, fantasy world, which is connected with the theme of fish, marine animals, and sea fairy characters.
Themes of competitive works of 2017:
- «The fish and I» (complex composition)
- «Water world fantasies»
- «Memories about travels by sea
- «Fantasy fish and fairy tales fish”
- «Preserve the natural environment» (Poster).
- «Still life» (related to the theme of water)
Goals of the competition
- Expansion and improvement of international friendly relationships and exchange of cultural heritage;
- Organization of creative communication and networking between the competition participants;
- Enhanced awareness of social importance of children’s artwork;
- Encouraging love of homeland and responsibility for its future through artwork, arts & crafts;
- Provision of conditions which promote development of children’s creative abilities, attraction of young citizens to the artwork and prompting their creative potential to activity for the good of society.
Getting the competition participants to acknowledge contemporary trends and new directions in art;
- Using modern materials as a means of expression
Organizers of the competition
- Ministry of Irkutsk region culture and archives
- Foreign trade division of the municipal department of strategic development, city of Irkutsk
- Municipal office of culture of the committee for social development policy and culture, city of Irkutsk
- Non-commercial partnership “FranSib”
- “SibArt” LLC
- The Municipal Polevoy Family Humanitarian Library Center
Competition is supported by:
- Baikal-Eco Irkutsk Rotary Club
- “Discovery Club” travel company
- Gostiny Dvor “Bayar”
- Siberian Baikal Tourism Association
- «Baikal Gems» LLC
- “Art Premier” LLC
- “Angarsk “Art Center”
Newspaper “Irkutsk seredina zemli” (Irkutsk is a center of the world)
Newspaper “Vostochno-Sibirskaya pravda” (East-Siberian Truth)
Newspaper “Komsomolskaya pravda” (Komsomol truth)
Newspaper “Baikalskie novosti” (Baikal news)
TV company “AIST”
- Painting (oil, acryl, gouache, mixed technique)
- Graphic art (watercolor, pastel, sanguine, pencil, Indian ink, ink, monotypy)
- Applique work (cloth, paper, quilling )
- Batik (cold, hot)
- Woodwork, pyrography (wood engraving, carving, pyrogravure, fretwork, birch bark crafts)
- Pupils and students at any educational institution may take part in the competition, irrespective of direction and specifics of education in the 6 to 30 years age group.
There are four age groups: 6 to 9 years, 10 to13 years, 14 to18 years, 19 to 30 years
- Participation is free. The number of items from one school instructor or educational institution is limited to three.
- The contest is held electronically via Internet. Images of the works are sent to the jury at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- The jury selects and classifies the works into the following categories:
- The status of the institution (kindergarten, art school, art house, art studio, secondary school, specialized school) or an individual participant (at home training, private lessons, etc.);
- Nominations (painting, graphic arts, applique work, batik, woodwork, ceramics);
- The age of the participants.
The works selected will be nominated for the top three places and the “Consolation Prize”.
All participants receive certificates of participation in the International Competition. Their mentors are awarded with letters of appreciation.
The diploma awardees for the first, second and third places receive the degree I, degree II, and degree III diplomas. Recipients of “consolation prize” awards receive the diplomas of the International children’s creativity competition «My First Fish”. Their instructors will be awarded with certificates of recognition.
The above certificates, diplomas, letters of appreciation and diplomas will be sent via email for self-downloading and printing out.
The winners will receive the top degree diplomas and special prizes
The competition will start on December 1, 2016. The deadline is April 1, 2017. No works shall be considered after the deadline. The discussion of the results will be wrapped-up on May 20, 2017.
The winners’ works will be displayed and awarding ceremony will take place on May 31, 2017 in the Polevoy Humanitarian Library Center at 70 Universitetskii, Irkutsk 664082 at 4:00 p.m. For more information, contact Nadezhda Vysotskaya at +7 (395) 231 0445.
Requirements for the images of works:
- Works (paintings, drawings, graphic arts, applique work, batik, plane woodwork) should be photographed from the front. 3D woodworks and ceramics should be photographed from 3 perspectives: front, rear and side. The must comply with the following specifications: 1.2-1.5 megabytes (2500 x 2000 pixels)
- Photo file must indicate the contestant’s name, age, school, city, teacher’s name to be sent together with the application (see Appendix 1)
- The best works will be printed and prepared to participate in local, regional, national and international exhibitions.
Alexander I. FOFIN — Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Phone.: +7 983 443 6746
Phone/fax: +7 (3952) 248333
The works selected by the jury will be displayed:
- At the municipal Polevoy Family Humanitarian Library Center on May 30, 2017 (works of the winners)
- Art school of Irkutsk #5 (June 2017)
- At the municipal Polevoy Family Humanitarian Library in November 2017 (exhibits of international contestants)
- At Angarsk Art Center» (September 2017)
- At the municipal Rogal Exhibition Center (October 2017)
- In Haute-Savoie (France) (November — December 2017)
- Exhibition in South Korea (November-December 2017, to be negotiated)
- Works that do not comply with the requirements will not considered.
- The works submitted for the competition after the deadline will not be considered.
- After sending the work files and applications, you will receive immediate confirmation by e-mail. Otherwise, please contact us at the above e-mail.
- The competition is held by the nominations and categories of educational institutions in each age group separately. This also applies to the groups of children with disabilities.
- In case of possible changes of the dates, exhibition sites, and time of awarding the winners, as well as the opening of the exhibition of works-winners will be announced later.
- Image of entries of participants may be used by the committee in a variety of children’s art exhibitions, including abroad, publications, charities, printable holiday cards, magnets, posters, etc. (With the name and age of the author). By participating in the competition the authors, their parents and teachers agree on the use of the works.
This use does not carry commercial gain, and promotes:
- The aesthetic and artistic development of the individual;
- Education of the moral and compassionate attitude towards others;
- International understanding and expanding cultural exchanges;
- Awareness of the environmental problems of the world’s water space
- The formation of respect for the environment.
The jury’s decision is recognized as true and final, it is not subject to public debate and contestation. The contest results are not to be revised.
Chairman of the Organizing Committee
7th International Competition of Children’s Artwork “My First Fish” (2017)